Sterling Bank Click to return to home page
Locations & Hours   Contact Us   FAQs  
Online Banking Login:



Sterling Bank gives Good Answers, Fast Answers and Local Answers … We have collected the most Frequently Asked Questions for easy reference to our customers at Sterling Bank.  If your question isn’t answered here, please Contact Us or call a Customer Service Representative at your nearest Sterling Bank location.

Personal Banking Questions

Checking and Savings Accounts

Debit Cards


Personal Banking Questions

What are the current rates on products offered by Sterling Bank?  Can I find this information online?

You can inquire about the current rates of our products online by requesting information for the product in which you are interested;  or by calling or stopping by your nearest Sterling Bank location.

How can I set up direct deposit to my account?

To set up direct deposit to your account at Sterling Bank, you can fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization form and return it to your nearest Sterling Bank location.

How do I change my address or phone number?

You can update your address and phone number by filling out a Change of Address form and returning it to your nearest Sterling Bank location.

How can I send or receive a wire transfer?

Incoming and outgoing wire transfers can be done through your financial institution or in person at your nearest Sterling Bank location for a fee. The following information will be required in order to set these up:

  • Account number
  • Name as it appears on the account
  • Please use our Correspondent Bank Wire Instructions for wires coming Sterling Bank, or obtain the Routing Number of the financial institutions you wish to wire the funds to.

Who can I contact about Flood / Homeowners Insurance?

For questions on any Sterling Bank loan insurance you may contact our insurance department at 573-778-3333.  Should you need to send us proof of insurance, you can fax it to 573-686-2715 or mail to:

Sterling Bank
PO Box 460
Poplar Bluff, MO 63902

I am being called to active military duty.  Who can I contact about the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act of 1940 (SSCRA)?

The Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act of 1940 (SSCRA) provides that interest rates on obligations be lowered while an individual is on active duty.  If you are being called to active military duty and are requesting we honor the SSCRA and lower the interest rate on your Sterling Bank loan, please send your request in writing, with a copy of your orders, to the following address:

Sterling Bank
PO Box 460
Poplar Bluff, MO 63902
Phone: 573-778-3333
Fax: 573-686-2715

Checking and Savings Accounts

Can I reorder checks online?

Yes.  Sterling Bank has partnered with Harland Clarke to safely and conveniently provide online check reordering.  You may Reorder Checks from here or one of the Quick Links on the homepage is ‘Reorder Checks’.  Click this link and ‘OK’ to the disclaimer to start.  Log in to the site using your routing number and account number, which can be found at the bottom of your checks.  If you do not want to change your style, select ‘Order’.  If you do want to change your style, select ‘Pick New Design’ then choose your new design.  Confirm your Address.  Select your Check Style.  Confirm your Starting Check Number.  Then select ‘Continue’.  If you wish you may update your Font, add an Image, and/or add an Expression.  Once all is correct, select ‘Add to Cart’.  You may either ‘Continue Shopping’ or ‘Proceed to Checkout’.  Select Shipping Method, Enter and Re-Enter your Email Address, then ‘Proceed to Order Summary’.  Review all information and select ‘Submit Order’.  You may Print the page for your records; however a confirmation will be emailed to the address given.  Once complete remember to Log Out.


Debit Cards

Why was I assessed an ATM fee?

You may see a terminal fee charge on your statement from using another banks ATM.  However, the same day a credit to your account for this terminal fee will be credited to your account automatically.  With Sterling Bank’s ATM Anytime Anywhere every ATM is your ATM to use free of charge.

How can I report a lost or stolen debit card?  How can I get a replacement card?

If you suspect unauthorized use of your card, or your card is lost or stolen, please notify a Sterling Bank Customer Service Representative at 573-778-3333 during business hours and we will delete your existing card and reissue you a new card.  If you need immediate help after hours or on a weekend, call 1-800-554-8969 to delete your existing card. On the next business day follow up with your local Sterling Bank location to reissue you a new card.

My debit card is about to expire.  How do I go about getting my new one?

Visit your nearest Sterling Bank location prior to the expiration date on your card to design your new card, choose your PIN (or keep the same) and leave the same day with your new card…all a part of Sterling Bank’s Designer Debit Cards on Demand.

How can I dispute a charge on my debit card?

Contact the company that made the charge to your account to work with them to resolve the error.  If unable to resolve it through the company, you may contact a Customer Service Representative at your nearest Sterling Bank location

How can I initiate an ATM /Point of Sale debit dispute?

Disputes for ATM or Point of Sale (POS) transactions (merchant transactions using your PIN) can be initiated by contacting your nearest Sterling Bank location.

Why is there a one dollar transaction on my account?

Some merchants will pre-authorize a debit or credit card to ensure that it is a valid and active account, essentially placing a $1 hold on your account.  The pre-authorization amount will remain until the merchant submits the actual amount of the transaction for payment and it posts to your account.  Once the payment posts, the $1 pre-authorization will come off your account.  This process typically takes 2-3 business days. 


I want to apply for a loan with Sterling Bank.  What information will I need?

For all loan applications the following may be requested, along with your completed application:

  • Copy of your real estate sales contract by all buyers and sellers.
  • Original pay stubs covering pay periods for the last 30 days for each applicant.
  • Copies of W-2 Forms and signed copies of your federal income tax returns for the last 2 years.
  • Landlord contact information (name, address, telephone number) if you have rented in the last 24 months.
  • Copies of your 401(k) and IRA statements, if applicable.
  • Copies of your investment and deposit account statements for the last 3 months.

If you are self-employed:

  • Signed copies of your last 2 years personal and business federal income tax returns.
  • Year-to-Date profit and loss statement.

If you have been divorced:

  • Complete, signed copy of all divorce decrees, including any stipulation and modifications.
  • Proof of receipt of child support payments for the last 2 years (only if you intend to use this income to qualify for your loan).
  • Proof that child support payments are current if you are required to pay child support.

Additional information:

  • An explanation letter if, in the last 2 years, you have had a gap in your employment of 30 days or more.
  • HUD – 1 Settlement Statement if you have already sold your present home.
  • A sales contract if the sale of your present home is pending.

Click here for a printable version of the information needed by your loan officer.

Get Adobe ReaderGet Adobe Reader
Quick Links:
Reorder Checks Reorder Checks
Calculators Financial Calculators
Have You Moved? Have you moved?
Report Lost Or Stolen Card Report Lost or Stolen Card
Prevent Fraud & Identity Theft Consumer Awareness
Switch To Sterling Switch To Sterling
Debit Card Overdraft Coverage Debit Card Overdraft Coverage
E-Statements Withdraw Consent
FDIC Consumer Alert

Click to go to FDIC website Equal Housing Lender
Poplar Bluff, MO
1100 Sterling Drive
Van Buren, MO
702 Main Street
Clayton, MO
50 S Bemiston Ave
Chesterfield, MO
16100 Swingley Ridge Rd

Site Map Privacy Policy
Internet Security Policy
Creative Design Group