Skip to content
- Do not reply to an e-mail or pop-up message asking for personal information.
- Do not e-mail personal or financial information.
- Use bookmarks to access known sites to avoid being lured to imposter sites.
- Be cautious about opening any attachments or downloading any files from e-mails, regardless of who sent them.
- Use updated anti-virus software.
- If an offer sounds to good to be true, it probably is and should be avoided.
- Don't write down your passwords, and don't use birth dates or names of family members as passwords.
- Take your receipts from ATMs, gas pumps, etc.
- Review credit card and bank statements immediately for unauthorized charges.
- Shred unwanted documents that contain personal information.